Greetings from a lurker.

I have a desktop computer (built myself totally from parts on sale
after rebate) on the second floor of our house, running SUSE 10.1, and I
would like to get it to connect to the Qwest Actiontec DSL modem which
has wireless capability, so I don't have to run a cable down the stairs
if I want to use the internet.  I know that the wireless function works
because my spouse uses her office laptop with wireless.  I know that the
WIRED connection to the Linux desktop works because I actually have run
a cable down the stairs to the modem to test.

I don't have enough money in my personal toy budget to keep buying
wireless PCI network cards and trying them until I find one that works.
I did that once (an off-brand wireless network card on sale after
rebate) and I could not make it work.  I have looked at the hardware
compatibility list on the opensuse.org web site, and all the network
cards mentioned (there are not many) seem to have some "gotcha," like
needing a driver from somewhere, needing ndiswrapper, etc.  I would like
to find something that just works.

So to the question, does anyone know of a specific brand and model of
PCI wireless network card that I could put in my computer, that would
work "out of the box"?

Thank you.

Steven White
City of Bloomington