Hey everyone,

I'd like to create a little server running Ubuntu and postfix that
would be a mail relay for a few other servers in our school district.
For example, rather than configuring our Moodle and nagios servers to
send their own mail, I'd like to point them at the mail relay and have
it send the mail for them. This box would not need to receive mail,
only send it. We run GroupWise for our staff email accounts, but it
can be a hassle to configure other servers to send mail through GW
sometimes.

I started putting together a main.cf file for postfix and got this far
(in addition to the other default settings):

mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain
myhostname = bison
mydomain = buffalo.k12.mn.us
myorigin = $mydomain
relayhost = monitor.buffalo.k12.mn.us  # This is our nagios server

Am I on the right track here?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson, The Savvy Technologist