(For those receiving on LUG mailing lists - may be of interest to the
Ubuntu users among you; the rest may safely ignore if you wish.)

Hello all!  Now that the semester is wrapping up for those in the group
who are students, everyone has a brief lull between major holidays, and
before we launch ourselves into 2008, I think it's time we brought our
heads together again to hash out the next steps in the direction of our
team.

Therefore, we will be having a meeting on IRC this THURSDAY, at 19:30
CST (7:30 PM, for those of you who don't speak 24-hr clock), in
#ubuntu-minnesota on Freenode.

For those of you not already familiar with IRC, there are instructions
for many popular clients available on
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat.  Additionally, if
you have any trouble understanding those, just go to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MinnesotaTeam and click on the link labelled
"Web Client" on the line containing "IRC -
irc://irc.freenode.net/#ubuntu-us-mn, or [WWW] Web Client" under
"Resources".  This will take you straight to our channel, where you can
either participate from within your browser, or get help setting up a
desktop client.

You can add any items you would like discussed to the agenda at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MinnesotaTeam/MeetingAgenda.  This is a time to
check in for any progress on previously mentioned items, hopefully talk
about some plans for an Installfest in collaboration with TCLUG, and
start pinning down details on the major initiatives we want to persue
for the first quarter of 2008.

 - Tony Yarusso
Ubuntu Minnesota, Team Contact