I don't want to step on Mike Miller's territory (lol).

But I suppose you could lead the way here!?!?!

I mean, I woke with a great idea myself, maybe if I mention it here
some investment guru will take me up on my theory, well we should have
an open community (like craigslist.com and angieslist.com)for avid,
students, educational and professionals alike. We would have our web
page daveslist.com (minneapolis.daveslist.com, sanfran.daveslist.com)
exchanging free literature. Sorta like google's book repository but
only this would be member driven exchanging real books? How so do you
ask? Well for a minimal fee, we could send via postal service a small
quantity of envelopes and therefore people through out the US of A
could have any particular book they want or need!

I know it be big and a great way to save college students a bunch of
money on the highway robbery priced college books!

Sorry, I kinda got off subject. I really don't think making a google
like repository for mailing lists would be a priority for someone like
me, especially since they're so so so many of them, not including
mailing lists with sensitive topics, its just not worth the pain, IMO!
And I mean, who is going to host and pay for the bandwith? Unless,
someone is doing graduate work for some rich University...... Sorry, I
just don't see it happening. But, hey, if you like my idea let me
know. I mean, maybe we won't become google-billionaires but its a start!

David