On Dec 18, 2007 9:22 AM, David Alanis <canito at dalan.us> wrote:
> Two q's, which VoIP software out there do you ladies or gentleman recommend?
>
> Does anyone have a spare VoIP phone up or sale?

I've done 2 rollouts of Asterisk, using Snom 320 IP phones for both.
They seemed to be about mid-range in terms of pricing, but they gave
us an easy way to automatically configure them via the network -- a
combination of DHCP and a LAMP-based website (the phones take a simple
html config file, so you can use whatever technology you want to
generate that file).

As for soft-phones, we have experimented with JPhone, but never did
much with it. I've heard there are several IM clients that can be
configured to ask as a SIP client, which would be pretty cool.

Alas, no spare hardware to sell right now.

--
Dave Sherman
MCSA, MCSE, CCNA