On Sun, 16 Dec 2007, Anna Edwards wrote:

> and that he does alot of. he has this server virtual raid so the same
> data is on 16 stripe raids, which are translated into smb by a dif
> server. remember i am the he dude.  my grandma is considering signing a
> contract to the school to set it. it is rather redundent.

I'm not sure I understand that configuration, but once you have a stable
disk array and there is very little chance that it will fail, you still
have to worry about a couple of other kinds of problems.  One is theft of
the computer.  Another is catastrophic damage to the computer (e.g.,
flood, fire, tornado).  So if you are going all out to be sure that the
data are protected, you have to keep copies of your files in a second
fairly distant physical location.

Mike