On Sun, 16 Dec 2007, Mike Miller wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that every ubuntu program would have to be compiled from
> source with the Free BSD kernel.  You'd want to start by getting GCC and
> compiler tools working.

  This is going off some ~5-year-old memories, but ISTR that FreeBSD has a
Linux binary compatability mode/module/something that enables it to run
apps built for Linux.  (I once played with a Linux chroot jail on a
FreeBSD box.  It worked okay.)  So the apps might be fine.

> It sounds like way more trouble than it would be worth.  Tell him you'll
> do it for $10,000, but it might take two months!

  I might give it a shot for $10,000. ;-)

      Jima