On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 11:15:58AM -0500, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how I can make fetchmail and procmail work
> together with RT, our trouble ticketing system at work. I'd like to
> use procmail in this process because we're going to need to start
> doing some spam filtering on our incoming help requests. Here's what
> I've got so far:
<snip>
> In my /etc/procmailrc I've got:
>
> # cat /etc/procmailrc
>
> # Set some variables
> PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/rt3/bin
> LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
> SHELL=/bin/sh
> URL=https://support.buffalo.k12.mn.us/rt/
>
> # Route standard "help" messages to RT
> :0:
> * ^From.*help
> |rt-mailgate --queue Incidents --action correspond --url $URL
>
> This procmail recipe should deliver any message addressed to the help
> address to "rt-mailgate" which is RT's email processor.
>
> I'm not sure what the problem is. Mail sent to the help address never
> appears in RT, and I don't get anything logged in /var/log/
> procmail.log either. (root owns the procmail.log file)

Nothing jumps out at me immediately, though I haven't used
fetchmail in ages.  Since nothing at all appears in the procmail
log, my guess is that it is a fetchmail problem.  While you are
debugging this, though, you should have:
VERBOSE=on
in the procmailrc.

I would  try the fetchmail part manually instead of using the
daemon to test things, and then get the daemon working.