Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how I can make fetchmail and procmail work
together with RT, our trouble ticketing system at work. I'd like to
use procmail in this process because we're going to need to start
doing some spam filtering on our incoming help requests. Here's what
I've got so far:

# cat /etc/fetchmailrc

set daemon 60
#set syslog

# Get mail for RT queues
poll staffmail.buffalo.k12.mn.us proto pop3:
   username help password mysecretpasswd nokeep mda "/usr/bin/
procmail -d %T"

So as far as I can tell, that should grab the mail and send it
through procmail for processing. I know the mail retrieval works
because I've been using this same script up until now with a
different "mda" to send the mail messages right into RT.

In my /etc/procmailrc I've got:

# cat /etc/procmailrc

# Set some variables
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/rt3/bin
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
SHELL=/bin/sh
URL=https://support.buffalo.k12.mn.us/rt/

# Route standard "help" messages to RT
:0:
* ^From.*help
|rt-mailgate --queue Incidents --action correspond --url $URL

This procmail recipe should deliver any message addressed to the help
address to "rt-mailgate" which is RT's email processor.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Mail sent to the help address never
appears in RT, and I don't get anything logged in /var/log/
procmail.log either. (root owns the procmail.log file)

Any suggestions?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson, The Savvy Technologist