On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 18:43 -0500, Sam Martin wrote:
> On 8/24/07, Jon Schewe wrote:
> > Ok, here's a challenge.  I've got an OpenOffice form that I use for
> > maintenance requests for my townhouse.  I fill in the form fields and
> > save the document in OpenOffice format and when I open it everything is
> > ok.  Now I want to save it as a PDF so that people without OpenOffice
> > can open it (ie. the management company).  Whenever I do export to PDF I
> > get the blank form, rather than the filled in form.  Does anyone know
> > how to do this?
>
> The toolbar button bypasses the options dialog (see the OO.org help
> under "PDF Export" for more).  You can use "File"->"Export as PDF" to
> get an options dialog after you choose the output file.  There's a
> checkbox for "Create PDF Form" in the "General" tab which, when
> disabled, should spit out the contents of the form instead of trying
> to make a form which can be filled out by users (which seems to be
> acroread-specific).

I believe the option you're referring to is "submit forms in format" and
the choices are "PDF", "FDF", "HTML", "XML".  I have tried all of these
and there is no difference.  I believe these have to do with once you've
filled in the form, how does it get sent back through the web.

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital
signature.
See http://www.gnupg.org for more information.