On 8/24/07, Jon Schewe wrote:
> Ok, here's a challenge.  I've got an OpenOffice form that I use for
> maintenance requests for my townhouse.  I fill in the form fields and
> save the document in OpenOffice format and when I open it everything is
> ok.  Now I want to save it as a PDF so that people without OpenOffice
> can open it (ie. the management company).  Whenever I do export to PDF I
> get the blank form, rather than the filled in form.  Does anyone know
> how to do this?

The toolbar button bypasses the options dialog (see the OO.org help
under "PDF Export" for more).  You can use "File"->"Export as PDF" to
get an options dialog after you choose the output file.  There's a
checkbox for "Create PDF Form" in the "General" tab which, when
disabled, should spit out the contents of the form instead of trying
to make a form which can be filled out by users (which seems to be
acroread-specific).

sm