I have been helping this structural engineering professor from UC-Berkeley
to get information about the bridge collapse:

http://www.ce.berkeley.edu/~astaneh/

He is a really great guy who did a huge amount of work on the WTC collapse
and he is one of the world's greatest experts on steel structures.
Still, he can't get close to the bridge to study it -- it is being guarded
very carefully, even from the scrutiny of prominent experts.  We are
learning to take photos from a distance, which might be adequate, but he
is also trying to get in touch with eye witnesses who can tell him what
they saw and heard at the time.

So if any of you were there when the bridge collapsed, or you know someone
who was there (or can get in touch with such a person), and they would be
willing to talk with Professor Astaneh, please reply to this message and
let me know.  You can call my cell phone if you like: 612-387-8150.  I
should mention that Dr. Astaneh is very sensitive to the needs of
survivors and witnesses of disasters and he has been one of the heroes of
the WTC families searching for answers.

Thanks very much.

Mike

P.S.  I am helping Astaneh because I work right next to the bridge and
have been observing a few things.  Here is a web page I made about the
bridge:

http://taxa.epi.umn.edu/bridge/

I still don't know if that "construction gash" was important in causing
the collapse, but Dr. Astaneh believes it is a very important piece of
information.