There is a group now forming that has a long-term goal of opening
something like Free Geek. It's called "Open Circuit," you can check out
the wiki right here: http://riselikelions.org/techwiki

Unlike Free Geek, we are probably going to be membership-based, and will
also focus on sharing skills between members.

If you're interested, let me know and I will add you to the email list!

-Erik