In 4, its a pain to restart replication as writes have to be stopped.
Binary logs have to copied over and then restarted.  I heard google
submitted some changes to improve replication though.  Maybe its
better now.

Daily would be very easy as you could simply write a bash script to
scp a db dump over.

Brock