Pete wrote:
> I agree.
>
> On 8/8/07, rwh <rwh at visi.com> wrote:
> >
> > Even if they are the same computer I don't quite see where you fit into
> > the transaction(s).
> >
> > Someone had a G4 PB that they were willing to sell at $200. The buyer
> > turns around and tries to sell it for $650. I don't see the problem.
> >
> > --rick

Some time ago I was driving down a road, and saw a business having a
going out of business sale.

I stopped in to see what they had, a bunch of desktop computers and
stuff.  In the corner they had a cisco 1841 router with two v2 T1 DSU
cards in it, and a 2950-24 switch.  Feigning some disintrest I told
the guy that I'd give him $150 for them both.  He accepted and I paid
cash and took off with them.

After 3 phone calls and about 45 minutes I had the switch sold for
$150 cash and the router and DSU cards sold for $900 cash.  The guy
buying the router from me treated me about the way I treated the guy I
bought the stuff from, he was over like a shot, paid cash, was on his
way.  Now, I know he knew the real value of that router (closer to
$1500)  Even used those DSU cards go for $500 each all the time.  I
didn't bother telling him what I paid for it, or why I was willing to
sell it cheap (that the markup I was getting was more than enough for
me considering the time I had in to it) and I'm sure he wouldn't have
believed me even if I told him I paid $150 for it.

What is the value of a used piece of equipment?  What a willing seller
will accept from a willing buyer.

In the case of this laptop it looks like the value changed a bit.  Why
do you care again exactly?

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel