On 4/26/07, dalan at visi.com <dalan at visi.com> wrote:

> Be advised that if you get one of these units when you connect your drive
> to it
> , depending of the firmware version, it will re-format the drive to a
> linux
> exp3 device. You won't be able to connect the USB drive to your Windows
> box and
> access it again.

Not true - I just unslung a stock NSLU, moved one of the externals to my
windows box and installed ext2 drivers for winodws (
http://www.fs-driver.org/).  Got my data off.  The unslung NSLU now has one
of the original drives (original data intact) and a usb printer (which I can
print to from any computer on my network)

As off-line storage I like it beats tape drives, but as a device that I