I wish I knew more about audio hardware and software in Linux, but the small effort I gave my one audio project did not pan out.

I did use a piece free (though there is a "masters edition" version available for purchase) windows software title WavePad (http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/) and it seemed to clean up what I had on tape reasonably well.

Let us know if you find something that works well for you, and good luck!

>>> Jon Schewe <jpschewe at mtu.net> 4/22/2007 12:13 PM >>>
I'm hoping someone on the list has some experience with this or knows
where to look.

I've got a tape recording where a tape player was used that clicks bad.
So the recording I want appears to be on the tape very quietly, however
the clicking is so loud because the internal mic on the recorder was
used.  Does anyone have a good idea on how to remove these clicks?

An example of the recording can be found at
http://mtu.net/~jpschewe/remove_clicks.flac

Any help would be appreciated.  The recording is of a memorial service
and I have someone that was unable to be there that I'd really like to
get a copy to.  Thanks.

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
Help Jen and I fight cancer by donating to the Leukemia & Lymphomia
Society
Here's our website: http://www.active.com/donate/tntmn/tntmnJSchewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital
signature.
See http://www.gnupg.org ( http://www.gnupg.org/ ) for more information.