-----Original Message-----

From: Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net>

To: Thomas Johnson <tommyj27 at gmail.com>

Cc: Sean Waite <swaite at sbn-services.com>, tclug-list at mn-linux.org

Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:41:12 -0500

Subject: Re: [tclug-list] OT: Qwest Block 5 IP cost

Thomas Johnson wrote:

> We have three /28s through Qwest and pay something like that ($/address).

> Visi charges a similar rate as well

> http://home.visi.com/services/special/ip_address.html
[http://home.visi.com/services/special/ip_address.html]

> On 4/16/07, Sean Waite <swaite at sbn-services.com> wrote:

>> For those of you who have Qwest or similar DSL, I am very curious to

>> know

>> what you are paying for a block of 5 IPs with their DSL. When I

>> originally

>> signed up with Qwest some years back it was something like $15/year

>> or at

>> least that was the deal we made. Now they are charging $14.95/month

>> which

>> is ridiculous.

>> Sean Waite

Minneapolis is supposed to have a 59 square mile wireless network in

operation this Fall, right?  Will smb's be able to take advantage of it

at reasonable cost?

Tom

I hope so,
currently right now I have both phone and DSL service, which I really
do not need the phone. At the moment I have a VOIP to my home. I could
just reverse this, get home phone service for a lot less and send the
phone line to the office so to speak. In that scenario I could cut my
office expense by more than 70%. Unfortunately at the moment the
Minneapolis city website really does not provide much information on
costs, just a rough $29.99 for businesses.Sean Waite