As of recent I have been fiddling with other Linux distributions than
my norm - Gentoo. Although I am somewhat of a n00b, I have been
finding Linux to get easier, yet some of the differences between
distros are the pre-built tools and utilities that make tasks easier
to accomplish such as updating the "entire system." To make this
short, I came a across slackgrade a universal Slackware update wizard:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/slackgrade/

I want to know, for those peeps who live by Slack what tools or
methods are recommended to maintain Slackware "patched" for lack of a
better term?

-David