On 4/5/07, Munir Nassar <tclug at beitsahour.net> wrote:
> John Meier writes:
>
> > As I'd like to be able to switch to any OS depending on client, I am
> > leaning toward a Mac book pro - 17 inch (and will probably get the max
> > amount of memory right off the bat).  I would use bootcamp or
> > Parallels Desktop for Mac for OS selection - Parallels Desktop really
> > caught my eye....
>
> Go for it,

I did ...

Got parallels too - so far so good.  Need to get the USB  to 9 pin
serial adapter - any recommendations ?? as  I do some PIC programming,
have to get on CAN networks  from time to time and use the 9 pin to do
COM connections (firewall and other firmware upgrades etc).

Hard to get used to a single mouse button, but I'm sure I'll overcome that...

Leopard release has some nice features - probably should have waited,
but WTF - I grow tired of waiting :)

Thanks for all the responses everyone!

john