On 4/5/07, Josh Trutwin <josh at trutwins.homeip.net> wrote:
>  ran overnight with no errors. So, I'm getting a nice shiny (but
> basic) new system from General Nanosystems and I'm hoping that I can
> basically swap in the existing system's hard drive, boot into
> console, reconfigure xorg (new video card) and go.  Has anyone done
> something like this and lived to tell about it?  One problem I
> could see is making sure to use the same IDE channel so the drives
> don't get different names.  Any other snags Ishould be aware of?

I would do a fresh install of Kubuntu v7.04 and then use a handy-dandy
cross-over cable and use your ol' friend rsync to synchronize their
/home and that's it. A new box with all their stuff. I've done this
myself for the past 10 years that I've been using Linux as I move
between new desktops and laptops both at work and home. Works like a
charm.

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman, Director
Systems Administration and Technical Operations