On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 03:14:51PM -0500, Jeffrey Lehman wrote:
> Sean Waite wrote:
> > I think the lesson of the story is services like Comcast are just not
> > reliable for anything. I know Comcast is one company that reportedly
> > will monitor bandwidth, and if yours is excessive they will contact
> > you on this, which kind of defeats the purpose of broadband in my
> > opinion. Especially with the cities doing their own wireless shortly.
> I've had no problems whatsoever with my Comcast service and I've been
> with them for about 5 years now.  I've been at my current residence for
> over 2 years and my IP has not changed once!  I run several services
> (web,mail,ssh,etc) and haven't been notified by them once, although I
> think running "servers" is against their TOS.

I remember people telling me that when I was on Comcast years ago.  They
would always send me a link to the FAQ that said that, yet there were no
links _to_ that page on their web site.  There was language in the AUP
stating that as long as running the services didn't affect the quality
of service of other customers, it was okay.

That was back around the MediaOne to AT&T Broadband transition.  I'm
happily on DSL w/ Visi now.</plug>

Nate