When I used to work for Astound Broadband in St. Cloud (R.I.P) we had
started doing this back in late '01. It really cut down in the number of
complaints I received about spam coming from our IP blocks.
Yes its a total PITA for those of us who actually know what we are doing
and want greater flexability/usability of our internet services but for
the ISP and most of its idiotic virus infested Windows users it ends up
being a good thing. Just think about the thousands of Windows drones
that are no longer sending out crap tons of useless email.

Just my .02

-Adam