On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, TCLUG Classifieds wrote:
> Compaq Proliant 3000 with dual Pentium Pro 200, 640M memory, dual RAID
> controllers. Each array has 4 9GB drives in a RAID 5 configuration,
> making for 54GB total storage. Only problem is that there is a firmware
> mismatch on one of the RAID controllers forcing an F1 prompt to boot.
> And it could use a good dusting.

  Have you tried running no_f1.com on it?  It disables the "press F1 to
continue" (or whatever) prompt for most problems on Compaqs.  (Smaller
ones, at least -- I haven't had the need to try it on my Proliant.)  If
you (or whoever takes this beast off your hands) can't find it, email me
off-list -- I know I have it.  (Three copies of it, apparently.)

      Jima