On 9/22/06, Dan Armbrust <daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, you guys all like doing things the hard way :)
>
> http://www.jgoodies.com/freeware/jdiskreport/
>
> Click on the webstart link, let it run on the volume for a while, and
> you get an easy to navigate graphical result that lets you immediately
> pinpoint your wasted space.

xdiskusage provides a similar visual display, with a somewhat less
icky license (and somewhat ickier interface), all in a 36k source
package (it gets its stats from du).

http://xdiskusage.sourceforge.net/

On my ubuntu box, "apt-cache search disk usage" returns several
interesting prospects.  A similar search for your distro might be
helpful if you're looking for a quick 'n' easy generic solution.

sm