Look for something supported by hostap, which is mainly (only) prism
hardware.  Otherwise check http://www.seattlewireless.net/HardwareComparison
If you want it to act as a AP and have decent range I would strongly recommend
looking for something that is not USB. Our linux based APs use pcmcia and
mini-pci cards.

Also check out http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/  scroll
 down to "Wireless LAN Hardware  (surveys and reviews)"

~Ryan

--
Ryan Langseth
www.invisimax.com