First .. thanks for the KVM emails this past week.  You helped me narrow
in on some hardware that will work for what I need.

I will be moving my office shortly and I want to "clean up" a number of
messy network issues that have created themselves over time ... laziness
or hurrying to get something to work ... I need to streamline some
things.

One is a print and file server.

Concern:  I want to be able to run my HP OfficeJet 6310xi All-in-One via
the printer server ... and ... have the ability to scan documents, etc.
to a computer, whether it be a Linux or Windows box.  It is a USB
connection ... or can be connected via the network itself (I believe
that its capabilities are limited for Linux when hooked up on the
network connection).

Hooking it straight to a Linux box ... appears to have limited some of
its capabilities already.  The scanning of documents is flakey ... and
sometimes does not work at all.

Anyone have any experience to share with me about print servers and the
ability to actually take full advantage of all features from one of
these all in ones?  Maybe I am doing something wrong ... fancy that :-)

Thanks in advance.

Randy