On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 09:33:25AM -0500, greg wm wrote:
> while i'm asking questions, what do you open source types do to keep
> organized?  my text file to-do list is constantly overflowing and
> needing to be reorganized, which rarely happens because it is too
> overwhelming.  a big part of the problem is i am a perfectionist who
> constantly wants to do far more than i can possibly do.  so it's
> unlikely that any wonderful technology can help much as opposed to
> make things even worse, but still, i thought perhaps at least i should
> ask...

I use a combination of paper (calendar, notebook, 3x5 cards, lots of
file folders) and a Palm Pilot (handy for audible alerts).

To make this on-topic, I'll mention that there are several tools that
will let you synch your Palm to your Linux desktop.  Right now I'm using
kpilot which meets my needs.  When my Palm dies I'll probably replace it
with a Linux-based handheld.  I hear Nokia has something good along
those lines.  Anyone else know better?

I wouldn't call myself a perfectionist but I have the same problem you
do--so much to do, so little time!

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota