Good Morning;

You guys crack me up - this is a conversation for fun, right? ;)

It seems pretty clear to me:  Developers/companys make software products to sell.  If you use the products without paying for them you are stealing them.  I'm stealing them, I clearly realize that.

-doesn't matter if you think the software costs too much
-doesn't matter if you think the company is trying to crush the competition though any means necessary (of course they are they're running a business)
-doesn't matter if you think software should be free (speech or beer)
-doesn't matter if you would or wouldn't have purchased the software if you hadn't stolen it.

The only difference between stealing Bill Gate's software and his car is if you steal his car both of you can't drive it to work.  - and perhaps that's a significant difference, but it doesn't change the fact...  that it's...  still... stealing.

So, stealing being a fact, ask yourself: What would Bill rather have you, the computer enthusiast, doing - using stolen Windows XP or growing and promoting LInux?

John

markring40 at ippimail.com wrote: I understand your point.  I just disagree with you.  Because I disagree
doesn't mean I don't understand.  Or that I am incapable of understanding.

I agree to drop the discussion.  We are just beating a dead horse.