On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Brian Wall wrote:

> I'd recommend "Postfix: The definitive Guide" from O'Reilly, the No
> Starch version is pretty good too.  There's plenty of good info on the
> web as well.

I don't know if many of you are at the U, or can get access to a computer
on campus, but those with access might like to know that the U has
purchased online access to 338 electronic titles on the O'Reilly Safari
Bookshelf.

For example, if you are on campus, you can read this intro on
"Transporting and Handling Email Messages > The Postfix MTA" from "Running
Linux, 5th Edition":

http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com/0596007604/runlinux5-CHP-23

Or "Postfix: A Secure and Easy-to-Use MTA" by Glenn Graham:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/08/21/postfix.html

If you have X.500 password, you can get access from anywhere.

See more info below.

Mike

The UM Libraries has purchased a subscription to 338 electronic titles on
the O'Reilly Safari Bookshelf.

Safari is an exclusive collection of highly acclaimed reference content
from the two premier IT publishers, OReilly & Associates, Inc., and The
Pearson Technology Group, with imprints including Addison-Wesley
Professional, Adobe Press, Cisco Press, New Riders, Peachpit Press,
Prentice Hall PTR, Que, and Sams.

UM people can see the list of titles available, and get free access to
them after X.500 authentication:

http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com.floyd.lib.umn.edu/