On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Sidney Cammeresi wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 at 08.25.33 -0600, Mike Miller wrote:
>
>> Treo 650 came out two years ago with Bluetooth (10/24/2004).  Of
>> course, 700p and 700w also have Bluetooth.  If they'll just add WiFi,
>> I'll buy one!  Cellular service that includes a WiFi option is the
>> latest craze (see snippet of NY Times article about T-Mobile below).
>
> Are not T-Mobile in the business of maintaining their own network?
>
> Count me out.  I'm not subleasing my network to T-Mobile unless they're
> going to pay me for providing Internet service to their company.

Can you explain this?  I don't know what you mean.  The WiFi phone is
supposed to work in Starbucks, some other places, and on your home WiFi
network.  Would T-Mobile somehow use your bandwidth for things other than
your own calls?  Is that what you are claiming?  Sorry that I don't
understand but I am not one of the computer pros on this list.

> T-Mobile subscriber (again) even though GPRS sucks

Cheer up, Sidney -- I know it's cold outside (all of a sudden) but the sun
is shining and great things are coming your way!  ;-)

I used to use GPRS (Verizon, then T-Mobile) but switched to Sprint because
I wasn't happy with the reception.  I don't know if it was GPRS or the
carrier (3+ years ago) that was the problem.  GPRS is used in many other
countries, but my Sprint phone only works in the US, so that's a good
thing about GPRS and I've been thinking about switching back.  What
problems do you have with GPRS?

Mike