On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 09:17:08PM -0500, Mikhail Skobov wrote:
>> oops its actually
>>
>> error: Failed dependencies:
>> xorg-x11 is needed by fluxbox-0.9.15-2.bio.i586
>> imlib2 is needed by fluxbox-0.9.15-2.bio.i586
>> libIm2.so.1 is needed by fluxbox-0.9.15-2.bio.i586
>
> Ah, yes.  Dependency hell.  Welcome to the world of rpm. ;-)

  Oh, come on, that's like complaining about dpkg not automagically
resolving dependencies.  Way to beat a horse that got buried years ago.
:-P

> It appears that SUSE also uses apt!  This is a good thing.  Apt is
> incredibly easy to use.

  This PDF seems to imply that the default is now Yum:

http://www.novell.com/documentation/suse101/pdfdoc/applying_patches/applying_patches.pdf

  A bit of Googling led me to this page:

http://www.buks-island.org/2006/04/10/48

  So, assuming you feel you can trust that individual's packages, you could
try adding this as a Yum repo via YaST (the above PDF mentions this,
anyway):

http://www.buks-island.org/pub/linux/suse/RPMS-10.1/

> Essentially, you type:
>
> 	apt-get install fluxbox
>
> And VWOOOM!  All the packages you need are downloaded and installed
> along with your fluxbox.

  With Yum, you'd either select fluxbox via YaST (I'm not 100% on this, as
I haven't used SuSE in a number of years) or run:

yum install fluxbox

  Different program, same basic syntax, and (hopefully) same results.

  Let us know if that helps.

      Jima