On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Smith, Craig A (MN14) wrote:
> On 11/14/06, Josh Welch <josh at joshwelch.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure where Yum gets that, but there is an /etc/redhat-release
>> that contains that information, perhaps it is getting it there?
>
> I changed 7.2 to 7.3 in:
>
> /etc/redhat-release
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid
> /etc/issue
> /etc/issue.net
>
> but Yum stubbornly continues looking for 7.2 packages.

  I could be wrong, but Yum might be looking at the version field on the
(installed) redhat-release RPM.  You might try (for instance):

rpm -Fvh ftp://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/7.3/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/redhat-release-7.3-1.noarch.rpm

  Not sure if there might be any dependency blockers (as we're playing on
the non-automagically-resolved level), but that's the jist of it.

      Jima