On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Florin Iucha wrote:

>> NSK2400 is Fusion without the buttons and display.

Yeah, about half the price, about half the pretty.

> You should be able to find it for $80 (which includes a decent
> power-suppy) plus shipping.

Yeah, which is more than I'm paying for a motherboard.

Now before I get accused of cheap-assness, let me just say that I am a
cheap-ass. Okay, when I'm building a server or my desktop, then I'll go
all out and spend the extra money for super-high-quality stuff. The guy
I'm building now is not a vital machine - if it  dies I can live without
it for, well, however long it takes to fix/replace it. So I'm trying to do
it for REALLY cheap.

That said, the whole mediacenter form factor appeals to me. A lot. And an
Antec one would be nice. I'll have to add a shelf to my entertainment
center (because sitting on top of my stereo receiver will melt a computer)
but that's fairly easy.

You know what really annoys me about these mediacenter cases though? No
place to stick an IR receiver. So whatever I get, I'll have to drill a
hole in it.

-Yaron