On Wed, 31 May 2006, Tom Marble wrote:

> I hope you will agree with me that the liberty to use the Internet is
> very much on topic.  Take a minute to let your Minnesota elected
> officials know how you stand!
>
> Network Neutrality: Critical push
> http://www.lessig.org/blog/archives/003421.shtml

I think it is on topic but I have some questions about what sorts of laws
we should have.  Will "neutrality" legislation discourage companies from
creating new networks for, say, high-speed video transmission?  Is it
wrong for a company to build a network and then control how it is used?

I like the internet the way it is, but I would like to see further growth
and expansion encouraged.  I don't want to see the internet replaced with
a collection of corporate nets, but is that really going to happen?

Mike