Jordan and I were able to solve this problem from this website:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WifiDocs/Driver/Broadcom43xx

Automatically Installing

The easiest way to install the Broadcom43xx drivers in Dapper is to execute
a script that has already been written for this purpose. Before you execute
the script, you'll need to install the bcm43xx-fwcutter package. (Note: You
must be connected to the internet in order for apt-get and the script to
work properly.)

sudo apt-get install bcm43xx-fwcutter
sudo /usr/share/bcm43xx-fwcutter/install_bcm43xx_firmware.sh

Everything should be installed properly and work now. If it doesn't work,
there are some hints at the bottom of this page to help you out.

After the driver is installed correctly with the right firmware, then you
can set up the card through Gnome Network Settings.

Jeff Rasmussen