Hey, please do point out the 'obvious' because, it's obviously not
working and I obviously don't know what to do! *laughs* I tried it
again from the instructions on Jeff Rasmussen's site
http://jeffrasmussen.wordpress.com/2006/05/13/ubuntu-wpa-goodness/ and
the same issue occurred.

I opened up /etc/network/interfaces and found this;

# Wireless... (this section may or may not already exist)
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp

iface eth1 inet dhcp

auto eth0

auto eth1

Which I changed to this:

# Wireless... (this section may or may not already exist)
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp

# iface eth1 inet dhcp

auto eth0

# auto eth1

However ifconfig still only shows lo and eth0 as active.

Hope that gives enough data to make the problem more understandable.
If it's still an outstanding issue I'll bring the laptop into the
installfest in a couple weeks.

                      -jordan