On Mon, 15 May 2006 at 06.33.12 -0500, Randy Clarksean wrote:
> What is odd though, I ran a couple copies of this heavily intensive CPU
> application (mprime I think it was) ... ran for over 12 hours ... with
> both CPUs buried - no errors, but then some time later the system just
> crashed heavily.

by `crashed heavily' do you mean it's locked up with no messages at
all, which you know because the monitor is displaying a login prompt and
hasn't gone into any screensaver type mode?

it could be a motherboard problem or cpu misbehaviour therewith.

--
Sidney CAMMERESI
http://www.cheesecake.org/sac/