Hi all,

My company is trying to expand our service to our customers and part
of that has involved setting up virtual machines for our customers. We
have a number of services that we provide on each virtual machine that
go beyond the normal web server type of hosting solutions.

I need a way to map hostnames to a virtual server behind the NAT
firewall and forward ports through the firewall. The catch is that all
the servers will be running services on the same ports. I know with
Apache you can use virtual hosts this way, but I don't know of a way
to do this with apps such as ssh.

So is there a way to forward the same ports to several NAT hosts using
only one public IP address based on the hostname?

For example:

"ssh hosta.example.com" would connect you to 192.168.1.10
"ssh hostb.example.com" would connect you to 192.168.1.11

Both hosta and hostb share the same public IP.

Thanks,
Eric