I have a couple AMD Athlon XP processors sitting around collecting dust, I can't remember if they are the Palamino or the Thoroughbred. I do know they are 1.6GHz processors.

Anyway, I was thinking that it would be fun to drop them onto a dual processor motherboard (if I can still find one) to replace my current 2x400MHzP2 Linux server motherboard.  (4 times the speed, 4 times the fun!)

My brief search for a dual processor MB has specified the Athlon MP for processors.

Does anyone know if the XP can be installed in place of an MP processor and still work?