On 5/8/06, slushpupie at gmail.com <slushpupie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/7/06, Matt Waters <wate0155 at metnet.edu> wrote:
> > Last night, I booted the LiveCD version of Ubuntu and hooked my iPod up
> > to it. Everything went great until this morning, when I hooked my iPod
> > back up to my Windows environment. Now the battery refuses to charge,
> > and every time I hook the iPod into Windows, it locks up, and I have to
> > reboot. I know this isn't really Linux related, but I know some of you
> > have iPods, and I'll need my iPod to move my files when I give Windows
> > the ol' heave-ho.
>
> I had signifiant problems when doing the same sort of thing.  Figuring
> the Apple tech support wouldnt help me, I reformatted my iPod and
> tried going between just Windows and Mac (since they are both
> supported). Same thing, so I called them up, and they flat out say
> they dont support using your iPod on more than one computer.  I wasnt
> able to get any real technical details out of them, so Im not complely
> sure why, but the iPod certainly gets confused going between
> computers.

Mine has worked okay for me, but I'm moving from Mac to Linux, not
Windows. I did have several songs that got "lost", where the iPod
would pull it up to play, and display the title for a second, then
move to the next song without playing anything. I removed and resynced
my collection, which fixed the problem. (iTunes options, Synchronize
only selected files; now unselect all files in the iPod playlist, and
sync. Once finished, select all files in that playlist again and sync
once more.)