On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 07:48:04PM -0500, Matt Waters wrote:
> Anyway, as the subject of this post says, I wanna put some serious
> distance between myself and windows. My two big concerns are that I am
> badly addicted to World of Warcraft, and the fact that I have an iPod. I
> have a subscription to Transgaming's Cedega, so I don't anticipate much
> trouble there, however, the iPod issue is a serious one, as I plan on
> using it to transfer my personal data to a new Linux installation, as
> well as the fact that I am rather fond of it as a portable music player.
> Any ideas or advice on getting either one, or both to work with Debian
> (I used to run a functioning Debian mail server many years ago, so I'm
> at least somewhat familiar with it) would be most appreciated.

I had very few difficulties using my iPod on linux (Debian, natch) until
its drive croaked on me.  The interface to gtkpod takes a little getting
used to, and I vaguely recall having some setup problems, but once I
climbed those hills it was smooth sailing.

Here are the links I accumulated in setting up my iPod (I can't vouch
for the usefulness of any of these--it's been a while):

  http://austin.mit.edu/ipod/
  http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=1899332#1899332
  http://neuron.com/~jason/ipod_archive.html
  http://people.csail.mit.edu/people/adonovan/hacks/ipod.html
  http://www.cs.duke.edu/~geha/ipod/
  http://www.freedos.org/jhall/ipod/
  http://www.gnu.org/software/gnupod/gnupod.html
  http://www.linux1394.org/view_device.php?id=652

Good luck!

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota