Ubuntu required more than 15Gigs?
Are you sure?

Most Linux installs I've done would fit on 2Gigs or less.
Granted, I haven't personally installed Ubuntu on anything.

Before you jump on the Linux bandwagon I would analyze more closely
"who" has to support these PCs. If you will be the support person and
are willing to spend your time great. If someone else will be supporting
these computers then you should look at what OS that person (or persons)
is used to supporting.

Win2k is still a viable operating system (as long as it is behind a good
firewall) and you can easily create multiple login profiles or none at all.

Just a couple of distro suggestions if you go ahead with Linux.
Mepis
PCLinuxOS
Slax
VidaLinux(VLOS)
VecorLinux (based on Slackware, fairly quick even on older hardware)
CentOS

If you plan to go ahead with Linux, I would grab one of the computers
and play with each of the above distros and any other you want to try
before installing on all of the computers.

You might even consider creating an "image" machine where you apply all
the patches before-hand and create images of the hard drive as you go
(using Ghost or appropriate Open Source software). That way if one of
the machines goes belly up, you can quickly restore it providing all the
hardware is the same.

Todd Young

--
Todd Young