The problem is that someone will start the job, do it crappy, and then leave because it was too much work to begin with. Then it will be open source just doesn't work because of _all_the_standard-reasons_.

Possibly.

my 0.02

Jim

Sean Waite <swaite at sbn-services.com> wrote: A friend passed along this contract offer, and to say the least I was a bit taken back by what was being offered. Below is what was
listed for the contract proposal. Now here is what is rather amusing, the project is budgeted for $500-1000. Is it just me or is this
ridiculously low? Problem is I am seeing this all over. Has IT work just become so meaningless these days or what?

>1) setup a very secure Linux RedHat Enterprise SSL website with Oracle
>backend database.
>
>2) Website design and extranet for clients with the following functionality:
>
>- Attractive design with some initial welcome photoshop in the main
>welcome screen. - Designed for the non-technical user, so that users may
>be able to submit technical support tickets. - Fully enabled access from
>any web browser. - User login and password per company, each company may
>have several employees, all with access to their trouble ticketing system.
>Employees with role based menus. - Ability to create a folder structure
>that reflects the working framework per organization served. - Easy access
>to latest versions of documents (document versioning). - Ability from
>users to upload documents (PDF, Excel, Word, etc.) - email notification
>when a client uploads a file, or makes a comment on a document. - Ability
>to view documents online, instead of downloading attachments. - Documents
>with permanent comment logs. - Ability to track projects. - Online
>calendar of activities per client company basis, so customers will know
>about scheduled time for projects, etc. - Customized branding to indentify
>client organizations (upload their own logo). - Protected by 128bit SSL
>encryption. - Ability from users to create troubletickets, and track
>progress online. Logs.
>
>All work done will belong to me, copyrights, etc.
>
>Reference website:
>http://www.trichys.com/intranet-extranet/extranet-solution.vm

>I need the entire functionality of this website in order to provide it to
>a very small number of companies I will be servicing as computer services;
>no cost to them.

///,        ////
 \  /,      /  >.
  \  /,   _/  /.      James Louis
   \_  /_/   /.       Tech Warrior
    \__/_   <         http://tecnogichida.endoftheinternet.org
    /<<< \_\_         612.203.2631
   /,)^>>_._ \        lcojiml at yahoo.com
  (/   \\ /\\\        jglouisjr at gmail.com
       // ````
======((`=======[when weather means business]=======================

"I am an idealist. I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way."
     - Carl Sandburg