On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Steve Linabery wrote:
> I'm thinking about building a box to run asterisk PBX. Will be using the
> digium TE110P card.

Cool! Why the heck do you need a dual-proc box for a single T1? Going to
be do massive transcoding?

> I've had good luck with Tyan boards in the past for smp configurations
> with AMD Opteron processors. I have read that asterisk doesn't tolerate
> IRQ latency well. Also, since there's so much stream processing going on
> in asterisk, that FPU performance is a deciding factor. I have no
> religious preference when it comes to CPU manufacturers.

I'll be running Asterisk soon on a dual opteron system I just picked up,
under Xen.. haven't decided if I'm going to go x86_64 or just stick with
32-bit yet, though. It's a dual-opteron 242 on a Tyan S2882 motherboard.
If you're interested, I can let you know how it goes.. of course, this is
just for home, and doesn't do simultaneous channels very often, so it
likely won't compare to what you need.  :)