On Thursday 16 March 2006 15:06, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I am no pro when it comes to perl problems, but hopefully someone else
> is.
>
> I am trying to install WebGUI using their wre (WebGUI Runtime
> Environment) At first I was getting the following error:
>
> perl Makefile.PL -apxs /data/wre/prereqs/apache/bin/apxs
> Can't locate ExtUtils/XSBuilder/ParseSource.pm in @INC (@INC contains:,
> etc....
>

> The folders and files exist on the server, so I copied them over to a
> folder that was in the @INC path. ( By the way, how the heck do you edit
> @INC to include folders in its path?)
There are likely otherways to do it, but at the top of your scripts do:
use lib qw(/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl);

Where everything inside of the () is space delimited paths to include

> Now I am getting the following error:
>
> root at www perl]# perl Makefile.PL -apxs /data/wre/prereqs/apache/bin/apxs
> Base class package "ExtUtils::XSBuilder::ParseSource" is empty.
>     (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package
> first.)
>  at Makefile.PL line 100
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 100.
>
> Any ideas?

Looks like maybe you don't have the right modules installed, cpan is your
friend here...

perl -MCPAN -e "install ExtUtils::XSBuilder::ParseSource"

If that doesn't work try just installing ExtUtils::XSBuilder"