As an alternative to a wireless adapter, you can always get a wireless
bridge device. Basically, a wireless bridge converts the wireless
ethernet signal into a wired ethernet signal. Just configre the bridge
to connect to your wireless network, connect your computer to the
bridge via ethernet, and you're on your wireless network.

I have a Motorola WE800G at home that has been rock solid.
http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/we800g/

I just recived a few SMC EZ Connect g SMCWEBT-G at work that we will
be using to get a number of Linux machines on a wireless network. I
haven't tested them yet, but so far this is the only bridge I've
discovered that will do WPA or WPA2.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue >0;