On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 08:55:36AM -0600, G. Scott Walters wrote:
> While not to discount anyone's positive experinces, I thought I'd
> throw another name out there for cheap hosting. www.Seanic.net.

I'll throw out 2 names:  vizaweb.com.  Company is locally-based but the
servers are hosted in Texas.  Service is absolutely, positively
horrible.  I've seen multi-day outages (with no fee reduction) and
things like the cron daemon being stopped for weeks at a time.  When I
cancelled my 2 accounts, I had to give them a reason and said that their
uptime and service was horrible - I got a nice form letter back saying
that they hope to see me back soon.  After I cancelled the first
account, they even tried to process another annual payment which
thankfully was rejected.

The second name I'll throw out is phpwebhosting.com.  They've been great
so far.  Fixed fee ($9.95/month) no matter how much disk or bandwidth
you require.  It's a relatively stock RHEL 3 distro with ssh access.
Support has been adequate.  I host 2 domains on the same account, paying
only an additional $2 per month to keep the email addresses separate.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA