While not to discount anyone's positive experinces, I thought I'd
throw another name out there for cheap hosting. www.Seanic.net.

Helpful staff, dirt cheap, stable. My only complaint is that thier
tech support is hosted in somewhere in the south pacific, and only
seems to work 8-5 local time. So urgent problems don't get attention.
Though I have not had any urgent problems or downtime.

I'll qualify my experineces with Seanic by saying that I use it to
host a personal site only. It doesn't get oodles of traffic, and no
one complains if it's not available.

Scott