On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 11:25:42AM -0500, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> If you can all agree that a 10% quorum for a simple majority vote is
> sufficient to express the opinions of the list, and because it appears
> that the proposal thread "Proposal: Lift Yahoo! Ban"  has been made by
> John T. Hoffoss in Message-ID:
> <914f813c0606270857g196bd42fm1693cde28832035a at mail.gmail.com>, let the
> vote begin.

Agreed.

> Bob, what is the official number of members on the list?

Last number I heard was around 750+ subscribers.

The TCLUG poll attracted 94 votes.

From my archives (oldest post 27 Nov 2004):
   grep ^From: * | cut -d: -f4 | cut -d\< -f1 | tr -d \" | sort | uniq | wc -l
gives 387.

Based on the previous two numbers, I consider 80 votes an acceptable quorum.

florin

--
If we wish to count lines of code, we should not regard them as lines
produced but as lines spent.                       -- Edsger Dijkstra